The GOP Rape Advisory Chart
A week or so ago, someone posted her version of the GOP Rape Advisory Chart to help sort out all of the confusion about the wide variety of rape “flavors” that today’s Republican Party seems so hell-bent on bringing to light.
I thought she did a fantastic job, but, given the latest entries into the “rainbow of rape flavors” yesterday and today by Richard Mourdock and John Cornyn, I decided to create a revised version that plays it straight–I’m just including the actual quotes themselves. Feel free to repost on Facebook, TW or wherever you wish.
So, without further ado, I present the updated Republican Party Rape Advisory Chart:
Anyway, just to reiterate, since I’ve had at least one person contact me directly about it, please feel free to repost the graphic anywhere you wish, and don’t worry about “credit” or “attribution”…the color-code chart idea was someone else’s, as noted above, and I certainly don’t want “credit” for the disgusting statements by the GOP jackasses in the chart.
Also, if you want to attach a link to the chart, I’d recommend either a) ANY of the Democrats running against the scumbags who made the quotes (there’s too many to list again) or, alternately, RAINN or Jamie Leigh Foundation, both of which seem appropriate.
In case the name Jamie Leigh Jones doesn’t ring any bells, here’s a reminder…it’s the 10 most riveting minutes of video you’ll watch today, believe me:
I should probably also note that the chart above is far from all-inclusive. Several additional quotes are listed in the comments, and there’s many (far, far too many) more that haven’t been yet.
Unfortunately, I don’t think Photoshop could handle that large of an image file if I tried to include them all, and I’d quickly run out of background colors to use.
- Jon Stewart Tears Into GOP Over Richard Mourdock’s Rape Comments (mediaite.com)
- Stewart mocks Mourdock for having to deny he worships a rape-loving deity (rawstory.com)
- Top GOP rally for Senate wannabe who said rape-babies are gift from God (americablog.com)
- Cenk Uygur: Rape Panels (huffingtonpost.com)
- Rape Comments Complicate But Don’t End GOP Senate Takeover Chances (npr.org)
- The Republicans’ “Rape” Problem (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- GOP: Rape Nuts (balloon-juice.com)
- The Republican Rape Advisory Chart (alternet.org)
- The Absurd Times THE SEVEN SEALS OF RAPE (czardonic.wordpress.com)
- Colbert’s Advice to GOP: “Since Women Got the Right to Vote, Rape’s Approval Rating Has Plummeted” (alternet.org)