Mitt Romney Busted for Lying by Chrysler
Mitt Romney’s lies have reached the point where his dishonesty is even being exposed by Chrysler, on their official blog: Jeep in China.
There are times when the reading of a newswire report generates storms originated by a biased or predisposed approach.
On Oct. 22, 2012, at 11:10 a.m. ET, the Bloomberg News report “Fiat Says Jeep® Output May Return to China as Demand Rises” stated “Chrysler currently builds all Jeep SUV models at plants in Michigan, Illinois and Ohio. Manley (President and CEO of the Jeep brand) referred to adding Jeep production sites rather than shifting output from North America to China.”
Despite clear and accurate reporting, the take has given birth to a number of stories making readers believe that Chrysler plans to shift all Jeep production to China from North America, and therefore idle assembly lines and U.S. workforce. It is a leap that would be difficult even for professional circus acrobats.
Let’s set the record straight: Jeep has no intention of shifting production of its Jeep models out of North America to China. It’s simply reviewing the opportunities to return Jeep output to China for the world’s largest auto market. U.S. Jeep assembly lines will continue to stay in operation. A careful and unbiased reading of the Bloomberg take would have saved unnecessary fantasies and extravagant comments.
This was posted a few days ago and they don’t mention Mitt Romney by name, but here’s Romney’s latest television advertisement, repeating the bogus right wing talking point that Chrysler dubbed an “extravagant fantasy:”
On the Auto Rescue, Mitt Romney Has Run Out of Answers – the Plum Line
Mitt Romney Releases Auto Ad That Misleads on Facts
- Romney Makes Bogus Claim About Jeep In Ohio (miami.cbslocal.com)
- Why Romney’s bogus Jeep claims matter (maddowblog.msnbc.com)
- No, Jeep Is Not Shifting Production From Toledo To China (thetruthaboutcars.com)
- Mitt Romney Busted for Lying by Chrysler (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Mitt Romney Has Been Telling A Huge Whopper About The Auto Industry, And His Campaign Is Finally Paying For It (businessinsider.com)
- Press Wakes Up to Romney’s Lies, Says There’s ‘no excuse’ for ‘astonishingly misleading’ Jeep Ad (politicususa.com)
- There is no better one-word description of Mitt Romney than “bullshitter” (balloon-juice.com)
- Romney doubles down on misleading Jeep claim Chrysler called ‘fantasy’ (rawstory.com)