WorldNetDaily Continues To Defend George Zimmerman Amid Abuse Allegations
WorldNetDaily’s Jack Cashill believes that the allegations of domestic violence against George Zimmerman are part of a big liberal media conspiracy, even though one of the claims occurred before the Trayvon Martin trial. In another WND story defending Zimmerman in the face of new accusations of abuse, Cashill claimed Zimmerman’s estranged wife and “his latest ‘victim,’ girlfriend Samantha Scheibe,” concocted their claims to garner media attention and “betrayed” Zimmerman by going to the police after he threatened them.
While Cashill thinks this is all the media’s fault, the Associated Press notes in 2005 “Zimmerman’s former fiancee filed for a restraining order against him, alleging domestic violence,” and in the same year “Zimmerman was arrested and accused of resisting an officer with violence.”
But maybe the media went back in time as part of the anti-Zimmerman conspiracy!
Between April 2012 and July 2013, Zimmerman’s life fell apart. He showed up at the trial dead-eyed, grossly overweight, and financially and emotionally bankrupt.
The local NAACP, with which he had worked on a civil rights case a year earlier, had betrayed him. The state of Florida had sacrificed him to the mob.
His president denied him. The media had rendered the mid-Florida ether so poisonous he could scarcely leave the house. His wife no longer loved him and was eager to tell the world about it.
Zimmerman’s acquittal settled nothing. The death threats amplified. The attorney general continued to hound him despite full clearance by the FBI more than a year prior. And the media cried “Injustice!”
“I still see sadness in his eyes,” said his brother Robert soon after the acquittal. “He was definitely not the same person I had seen a few days before the incident.”
In the last two years, Zimmerman has experienced more betrayal on more levels than most of us will in a lifetime.
Now, it appears that his latest “victim,” girlfriend Samantha Scheibe, was soliciting national media interviews weeks before their well-publicized dust-up.
Regardless of the circumstances, each misstep Zimmerman has made post-trial has left the media giddy. They seem to think it vindicates their utterly subversive rush to judgment.
The fact is that the Zimmerman they now happily trash is the Zimmerman they helped create. Whatever happens going forward, the blood is on their hands.
- ‘Birther’ website: New violence charges against Zimmerman are liberal media plot (rawstory.com)
- Right wing media turns on George Zimmerman (thegrio.com)
- George Zimmerman’s girlfriend says he sent their homemade sex tape to her underage daughter (deathandtaxesmag.com)
- George Zimmerman Is In Trouble With Guns … Again (usnews.com)
- Zimmerman accused of choking girlfriend (msnbc.com)
- He’s A Pedo Too?!? George Zimmerman Allegedly Sent Freak Nasty Pics To His Girlfriend’s Young Daughter (bossip.com)
- No Isht Sherlock: George Zimmerman Juror Says He Deserves To Be In Prison (bossip.com)
- I’d hate to be a former Zimmerman juror today (salon.com)
- Conservatives still haven’t given up on George Zimmerman, movement hero (dailykos.com)
- Report: George Zimmerman arrested for domestic violence on girlfriend (rawstory.com)