American Religious Fanatics Praise Uganda for Making Homosexuality Illegal
And American Christian Taliban leaders are pointing at Uganda as a future model for the United States.
Massachusetts pastor and activist Rev. Scott Lively believes Museveni is a model for other national leaders.
‘The Museveni prayer is a model for all Christian leaders in the world. The leaders of the West have declined in proportion to their degree of rejection of God,’ Lively said.
Lively also believes Uganda will rise as a major African power as America continues to decline. He uses Britain as an example.
‘Britain was at its height as a world power when it honored God as the Ugandan president has just done. America’s greatness has similarly diminished as we have shifted from a Christian to a secular-humanist country. But watch now for Uganda to be blessed by God for their desire to be His,’ Lively said. …
Homosexual activist groups have criticized the government of Uganda and Museveni for passing laws criminalizing homosexual behavior. A current bill before the Ugandan Parliament increases the jail sentences for homosexual acts and includes criminal penalties for those who encourage or promote homosexuality. …
Lively said he didn’t agree with the death penalty provision but supports the nation’s strong stance against homosexual behavior.
For another example: American Family Association spokesman Bryan Fischer is crowing, “It can be done!”
Homosexuality now against the law in Uganda, just as it was for 200 years in the US. It can be done.
- Museveni Prays About “The Sins of Uganda”, Wins Praise from US Christian Right (barthsnotes.com)
- Ugandan President Museveni and Scott Lively Play Gay (oblogdeeoblogda.me)
- Over a million speak out against Uganda’s anti-gay bill (76crimes.com)
- Uganda will pass anti-homosexuality bill this year, says Speaker (guardian.co.uk)
- Scott Lively: I Support Uganda’s Life Imprisonment Plan For Homosexuals (joemygod.blogspot.com)
- Status of Uganda Anti-Gay Bill Unclear; U.S. Religious Right Support Isn’t (religiondispatches.org)
- Family Research Council chief praises Uganda anti-gay push (seattlepi.com)
- Family Research Council chief praises Uganda anti-gay push (timesunion.com)
- Uganda’s infamous anti-gay legislation looks primed to pass (shortformblog.com)
- Family Research Council chief praises Ugandan president (seattlepi.com)