Alex Aan’s trial begins Thursday
Alex Aan‘s trial begins tomorrow, Thursday, with the first prosecution witnesses being called, according to Rafiq Mahmood. Alex is the 30 year old Indonesian civil servant who has been charged with ‘insulting’ Islam in an atheist group in Facebook.
This isn’t just for Alex but for all of us. There have been far too many “blasphemy” cases which have just slipped by. We have to stop it if we have a chance and Indonesia is a very good place to make a stand.
And a stand we must make.
The Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain and the Atheist Alliance International are collecting money towards Alex’s case. If you want to support his case financially, you can send a donation to the Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain. Just make sure to earmark it for Alex Aan.
- CFI UK Blasphemy Conference (poddelusion.co.uk)
- Calls to Behead Indonesian Atheist Alexander Aan – Presi Mandari – Jakarta Globe (richarddawkins.net)
- But you cannot shut us up – Maryam Namazie/Author of Jesus & Mo – MaryamNamazie.blogspot.com (richarddawkins.net)
- Alexander Aan, Under Attack for Blasphemy, Suddenly Converts to Islam (patheos.com)
- The Rally for Free Expression (whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com)
- Indonesian man faces jail after Facebook atheist remark (theamotimes.com)
- Naked ladies calendar sends an ‘up yours’ message to religious fundies (freethinker.co.uk)
- Free Speech Crushed by Islamic Power (theageofblasphemy.wordpress.com)
- Santorum warns of “Eurabia,” issues call to “evangelize and eradicate” Muslims (alethonews.wordpress.com)