Palin: Obama Seems To Want To Go Back To The Days Of Slavery
by Liz Colville
Sarah Palin went on Heinity on Thursday to do some sort of to-the-core-of-the-earth analysis of something Obama-related, god knows what, but perhaps hugs? (Hannity describes it as a “sort of bit of information,” which is the closest any conservative has come to admitting how flea-sized this incident is.) And the gist was Sean Hannity asking Palin what all “this” “means.” Something something, Obama’s hug of a guy, “class warfare” and attempts to help the broke suggest that the president is “bringing us back” to the era in which blacks were considered to be 3/5 of a person. It’s true, this — wanting equality, supporting others who do — is a true replica of slavery, you can’t even tell the two apart.
Some of the exchange:
Palin: He is bringing us back, Sean, to days, uh — you can harken back to days before the Civil War when unfortunately too many Americans mistakenly believed that not all men were created equal.
What a thing. What a day. Palin goes on to say (WARNING: CRAP ENGLISH FOLLOWS):
Palin: And it was the Civil War that began the codification of the truth that here in America, yes we are equal, and we all have equal opportunities, not based on the color of your skin. You have equal opportunity to work hard and to succeed and to embrace the opportunities, god-given opportunities to develop resources, to work extremely hard, and to, as I say, to succeed. Now, it has taken all these years for many Americans to understand that — that gravity, that mistake took place before the Civil War, and why the Civil War, had to really start changing America. What Barack Obama seems to want to do is go back to before those days when we were in different classes based on income, based on color of skin. Why are we allowing our country to move backwards instead of moving forward –
Palin: — with that understanding that as our charters of liberty spell out for us, that we are all created equally.
Incuriouser and incuriouser! Whatever could this white lady be talking about? That welfare encourages people historically deprived of opportunities to continue to not have them? That rich people are more sensitive than others and poor people should be considerate of that? That health care saves people’s teeth from falling out, which causes them to be too elitist? Please let us know, if you know. [Media Matters]
- Palin: Obama Wants to Return to the ‘Days Before the Civil War’ When People Were Not Considered Equal (crooksandliars.com)
- The Great American God Complex: Ass Backward to the Future Part II (madmonq.wordpress.com)
- Palin: Obama Wants To Return To The “Days Before The Civil War” When People Weren’t Considered Equal (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Palin Says Obama Wants To Return To Racial Discrimination ‘That Took Place Before The Civil War’ (thinkprogress.org)
- Sarah Palin To Hannity: Obama ‘Seems To Want To Go Back’ To Pre-Civil War Days (mediaite.com)
- Sarah Palin’s Got the Scoop on Barack Obama’s Secret Slavery-Era Fantasies [Rogue Rules] (jezebel.com)
- This Might Be The Stupidest Thing Sarah Palin Has Said (And That’s Saying Something!) (ken_ashford.typepad.com)
- Sarah Palin: Obama Is Bringing Back Discrimination From ‘Days Before The Civil War’ (laurieanichols.wordpress.com)
- “Mean Girl Racist Cheerleader” Sarah Palin: Obama Wants to Make White People Slaves (mykeystrokes.com)
- Sarah Palin Says Barack Obama Wants to Take Us Back to the “Days Before the Civil War” (slog.thestranger.com)
One thought on “Palin: Obama Seems To Want To Go Back To The Days Of Slavery”
Hahahaha, that is almost too good to be true. Great to see she’s selfless enough to share these flashes of inspiration with us ‘normies’. Reminiscent of the adage that straight, white, middle-class men are the most oppressed group in society. My heart aches…