There’s Something in the Water in Maricopa County
Here’s Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona’s Maricopa County, where there must be something in the water, explaining that the birth certificate for Barack Obama released by the White House was forged, and pledging to bring the perpetrators of this crime to justice. And if you have the gall to criticize him for being a conspiracy-minded loon, “there’s something wrong.”
In another section of this bizarre event, Arpaio said that he has identified “a person of interest” in the case. Weapons grade idiocy, from a pretty highly placed elected official.
More from this pathetic spectacle:
So his career has to be over now, right? Oh wait, Arizona.
Live Video: Sheriff Arpaio’s Ridiculous Birther Press Conference
Arizona’s far right Sheriff Joe Arpaio is now holding a press conference to announce the findings in his utterly stupid investigation into the dreaded birth certificate of Barack Obama. Here’s the live video feed, so we can all make fun of it.
Right now, there’s a moron explaining that the “optimization” and “layers” and “white halos” in the scanned document prove it’s a sinister forgery by the Impersonator in Chief.
[Surreal crypto-racist event now finished, video removed.]
- We are not a post racial society yet (mhasegawa.com)
- Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio still thinks Barack Obama’s birth certificate is fake (news.nationalpost.com)
- There’s Something in the Water in Maricopa County (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Forgery most foul! Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s birther revelations (guardian.co.uk)
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio thinks Obama’s birth certificate ‘probably’ a forgery (dangerousminds.net)
- Meet Mitt Romney’s 2008 Arizona campaign co-chair: Sheriff Orly ‘Joe’ Arpaio-Taitz (dailykos.com)
- ‘America’s Toughest Sheriff’ Joe Arpaio Implies Obama’s Birth Certificate Fake; ‘Birther’ Conspiracy Continues (ibtimes.com)
- Live Video: Sheriff Arpaio’s Ridiculous Birther Press Conference (littlegreenfootballs.com)