Gingrich Can’t Debate Without a Bunch of Hooting Yahoos to Back Him Up
Newt Gingrich is raging at the media again, for shutting down the hooting yahoos who would normally cheer his far right race-baiting: Gingrich Threatens to Skip Debates if Audiences Can’t Participate.
Mr. Gingrich clearly noticed something was off, too. “We’re going to serve notice on future debates,” he told Fox. “We’re just not going to allow that to happen. That’s wrong. The media doesn’t control free speech. People ought to be allowed to applaud if they want to.”
For a self-proclaimed constitutional expert and historian, Newt Gingrich has a very weird concept of “free speech.”
But since Gingrich is touting himself as the only candidate who can debate Obama, he should be aware that cheers and applause are forbidden in debates during the general election, by order of the Commission on Presidential Debates. Maybe he should skip those too.
- Gingrich Can’t Debate Without A Bunch of Hooting Yahoos to Back Him Up (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Romney Attacks Gingrich’s Record of Ethics Violations, Lobbyist Work (theageofblasphemy.wordpress.com)
- Newt May Not Keep Debating If Audience Can’t Cheer Him (alan.com)
- Newt Gingrich Won’t Attend Next Freestyle Debate Battle Unless Audience Will Cheer for Him [Newt Gingrich] (jezebel.com)
- Gingrich threatens to boycott debates without applause (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Gingrich’s Debate Bravura and Bravado: Just Sitcom? (UPDATED) (themoderatevoice.com)
- Romney Dives Into Racist Sewer With Gingrich (theageofblasphemy.wordpress.com)
One thought on “Gingrich Demands Yahoo Hooters As Backup”