The revelations that the church hired a peadophile in a key child protection role will add to the controversy surrounding the Roman Catholic Church in England and Wales over its handling of sexual abuse.
You think? The idea that the Catholic Church would hire someone to investigate the sexual abuse of children who turned out to be into child pornography is…well…I guess it is exactly what we should have expected.
H/T to Mojoey (Deep Thoughts) for bringing this one to my attention.
- 300,000 Kidnapped by the Catholic Church in Spain: Nuns claimed babies died, then sold in adoption (promoteliberty.wordpress.com)
- Catholic Church Sexual Abuse in Curaçao, Netherlands (promoteliberty.wordpress.com)
- Child Rape, Penn State and the Catholic Church: Is Religion Especially Bad? (alternet.org)
- Catholic Sexual Abuse, UK: Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (queeringthechurch.com)
- Who watches the watchers? (mojoey.blogspot.com)
- Paedophile Investigator for the Catholic Church Is a paedophile (slog.thestranger.com)
- Tougher child porn jail terms call (mirror.co.uk)
- Judge slams weak sentencing powers as scout leader with child porn escapes jail (telegraph.co.uk)
- Former Contra Costa counselor pleads guilty to federal child-porn charge (mercurynews.com)
- Child protection review ordered (bbc.co.uk)