Take a stand against child abuse
Most of you know the story about the NC pastor who encourages parents to punch kids who show “effeminate” behavior and to crack their wrists and “butch” girls should be “reined in”.
American Atheist reports a protest against pastor Sean Harris tomorrow, May 6 in Fayetteville, NC.
Fayetteville, N.C. Police are expecting 500-600 people to attend our protest of the local pastor who told his congregation to ‘beat their gay kids.’ *shudder*
Are YOU too busy to take a stand against this monster? RSVP:
Are you too far away to attend? You can still help by sharing this and temporarily setting your facebook timeline cover photo to THIS picture:
He is of course retracting what he had stated, but we know that he is just trying to save face in the media while still clinging to his bigoted beliefs. These people must be shown that we will not accept child abuse and discrimination in any way, shape or form.
- Protest against the “Punch your gay kids” Pastor – Sean Harris. – Justin Griffith – Freethought Blogs – Rock Beyond Belief (richarddawkins.net)
- NC pastor Sean Harris urges parents to punch and beat up their kids at the first sign of gay mannerisms (sparklincyanide.wordpress.com)
- Pastor Sean Harris can’t unring that bell (piedtype.com)
- Even Christians Can’t Stand Pastor Sean Harris and His Gay-Hating Rhetoric (blogs.sfweekly.com)
- Pastor Sean Harris defends beating your sons on radio show (cafewitteveen.wordpress.com)
- Homophobic Pastor Sean Harris — I DON’T Advocate Beating Your Gay Child (tmz.com)
- North Carolina Pastor Sean Harris Urges Parents to ‘Punch’ Their ‘Girlish’ Sons, Crack Their Limp Wrists: AUDIO (towleroad.com)
- The Ungodly Act of Sean Harris (queerd.com)